This module allows users to import banking transactions into Nursery Care via a generic import mechanism removing the need to post transactions within the Nursery Care product itself.
Summary of Electronic Banking features
- Cash (downloaded via the bank statement)
- Childcare vouchers
- Nursery Education Grants
- Sales ledger adjustments
- Multiple cost-centres can be contained within one import document (Excel spreadsheet), providing the ability to post banking information to multiple nurseries within one transaction.
- Sales ledger adjustments (debits or credits) can be posted along with required nominal coding.
- Allows upload of both parent and child name within the transaction
- Audit trail details the user who posted each batch against each transaction - this is visible within Nursery Care.
- Driven via Excel for ease of use with full validation of file before upload commences.
- Integrates fully with Coldharbour Financials and Opera II cash book.
Within our Global Electronic Banking module, users are able to import electronic childcare vouchers into Nursery Care for redemption, removing the need for manual keying into individual accounts.
Complete Childcare Voucher Administration System
For operators running an in-house childcare voucher system, we offer a comprehensive childcare voucher administration system covering issue, billing, accounting and redemption plus web enablement. The system is utilised by a number of major voucher providers. Please contact us directly to request a separate brochure.
Nursery education grants are a mechanism by which fees are paid directly to the nursery to either fully or partially fund child care. Funding is primarily provided through the local authority into whose catchment area the nursery falls. Until recently many providers charged the parent (or payer for the care) the gross fee and refunded any qualifying grant at the end of term, or some other agreed period. However, legislation states that care must be free at the point of delivery requiring the nursery to refund such grants as the care is delivered. The Nursery Care product has therefore been enhanced to cater for this requirement.
Summary of Nursery Education Grant features
‘Offset Billing' feature
Allows grant value to be offset, effectively providing parent with a net bill.
Deals with statutory reporting
Local authority headcount report may be directly printed from the system. The system can capture NEG session value, NEG termly value, maximum weekly qualifying sessions, maximum termly qualifying sessions and parent signature.
Multiple local authorities
The system can handle multiple local authorities funding the same nursery and different term dates within each local authority, if encountered.
NEG billing method
You may select how you would like the local authority to bill the Nursery Education Grant. There are three options available:
- Offset for whole term applied to first bill
- Averaged over a specified number of periods
- Offset for whole term applied to last bill
The system will also work out the correct cut-off points based upon child start date, end date and age. A full audit trail is available describing how each billing element has been calculated.
Nursery Care brochure (PDF).
You may select how you would like the nursery education grant to show on invoices. There are three options available:
- Show net amount (i.e. less grant element but no separate deduction shown)
- Show gross amount with grant element as a deduction (no details)
- Show gross amount with grant element as a deduction (full calculation details)]
Nominal control account
You may specify the control account that you wish the NEG offsets to be posted to.
Visibility within Nursery Care register
The Nursery register has been enhanced to show NEG funded children and qualifying sessions.
Request your client area access here.